Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is a common problem that tends to be swept under the rug. In fact, more than 3 million men in the United States suffer from ED. This issue can present itself in men who have had prostate surgery, diabetic men, men with heart disease, obese men, and older men. While oral medication can treat erectile dysfunction, the side effects can be wreak havoc on the body. If you wish to avoid these uncomfortable side effects while still being able to obtain a satisfying erection, Dr. Moore and his team of experts at The Edge for Men have the answer: the penile pump.
Why use a penile pump?
The penile pump can treat ED effectively with practice and correct use, giving men the erection they desire. It poses fewer risks and side effects than other treatments and is a cost-effective way to manage ED. The penile pump is also noninvasive and can be used along with complementary medications or a penile implant, if desired or needed. Most men will see some lengthening of their penis, up to 1”, with regular use of the pump.
How does the penile pump work?
The penile pump features an acrylic cylinder with a pump, which helps create a vacuum, and it may be attached to the end of the penis. A constriction band is placed on the cylinder at the other end. This is attached to the body and helps a man maintain an erection.
How do I use the penile pump?
To use the penile pump, just follow a few easy steps:
- Place the plastic tube over your penis.
- Use a pump attached to the tube to create a vacuum inside the tube. This will help pull blood into the penis and should create an erection.
- Once an erection has been achieved, slip the rubber constriction band around the base of your penis. This will help you maintain your erection by keeping the blood inside the penis.
- Finally, remove the vacuum device. Your erection should last long enough to have sex. You can leave the band on safely for up to 30 minutes to allow for successful and enjoyable intercourse.
What are the side effects of the penile pump?
While the penile pump presents fewer side effects than medication or surgical procedures, you may experience the following minor side effects:
- A painless mark or small area of bruising on the shaft.
- A decrease in the force of ejaculation.
These symptoms are not dangerous and typically do not interfere with the pleasure of an orgasm. Any bruising that occurs usually resolves within a few days.
While using a pump won’t cure ED, it can help you create and maintain a firm erection for successful and enjoyable intercourse. To see if the penile pump is the right treatment for you, please call Dr. Moore at The Edge for Men to set up your consultation.
Schedule your Appointment
The Edge For Men is focused on restoring vitality and quality of life to the mature male. If you're ready to regain the Edge in Your Life - CALL NOW!